Monday, July 12, 2010

Cat About Town goes international with Sarah!

Reader and seasoned kitty photographer/lovah, Sarah, brings us Cat About Town's first international guest post. Hopefully this will be the first of many cat reports from all over the globe. Enjoy!

Visitor Kitty
This kitty used to come visit me in the garden at my old house. He slept on the roof of the neighbor’s garage and would hop down over the fence to say hi. He is very large, but has a teeny meow and an adorable pink nose. A very fuzzy cat with long hairs between his toes, which is super cute! Sometimes he would get into arguments with a similar looking, yet smaller cat named Chloe who moved away. Visitor Kitty liked to play, but was a bit aggressive and a bit of a spaz. He would sometimes attack without warning, or if he felt ignored would latch on to your leg with claws and teeth. While slightly terrifying, I would still go out to visit him each time I saw him outside. One low meow from my own indoor cat, Kitty McKitterson, would put Visitor Kitty in retreat mode. A very handsome specimen…I wonder what he’s up to now…I suppose I could walk the two blocks and check in.

Perth KittyAn older kitty, Perth Kitty proves that looks get better with age. This gentle giant would seemingly wait for me each morning and evening on my way to or back from the train. Sometimes I would walk by on the weekends just to say hi. If I didn’t see him out, I could usually call for him and he would run out from somewhere and hop up on the wall awaiting his twice daily patting. Once he followed me a few blocks home and I wish I could have taken him inside, but I’m sure that Una, the Queen Cat of the house where I lived, would not have enjoyed that so much. I miss Perth Kitty! I hope someone still walks by to pat him!

City Kitty
City Kitty was found in Sydney outside of a 7-11 like store. City Kitty was quite friendly, despite the frightened look on the little tabby’s face. She definitely seemed at home outside of the store, but several other trips past allowed for no further cute City Kitty action.

No comments:

Post a Comment